view recent activity
The Black Isle Railway was originally a branch of the Highland Railway network. It carried passengers from 1894 until 1951 (freight until 1960) and ran from Muir of Ord to Fortrose with intermediary stations at Redcastle, Allangrange, Munlochy and Avoch. In this audio extract from 2006, a resident of Fortrose, talks about the journey to Inverness.
Image: Black Isle Railway embankment, Munlochy Bay
© Janine Donald http://www.albaresearch.co.uk
almost 3 years ago