No matter what you think, it is still possible to become popular and make money off Instagram starting from zero – all you need to know is a list of options that you can use to quickly develop your page. There are free and paid ones, and despite the common opinion about the free methods there are the ones that work quite well. Surely, we are not talking about the mutual following and liking, but you can do so much more than that to give your profile a head start. In this article we will review 3 free and 2 paid tools that are quite necessary to boost a profile: firstly we will talk about the free methods that you can use.
- If your profile already has some followers, ask for free mutual PR from the blogs your size. Choose several accounts that post content in your niche and write their creators with an offer – most of them will gladly agree to collaborate. Exchanging audiences is always a good idea, plus you can create some joint content that will raise the interest to both of you. This option can be turned into paid one – if you’re willing to get bigger results, it is worth contacting a bigger blogger than you and ask them for paid advertisement on their page in a format of a post or a story. It’s a common service amongst popular bloggers, they often take new profiles and PR them for money, so don’t be shy to ask.
- Get a hold on hashtags and geotags, use them smartly and never forget adding them into a publication. Hashtags should include all the possible terms that you can use to describe your new post, starting from the widest possible terms and moving to the narrowest ones. However, if we are talking about the geo tags, you can not only use your current location, but also use the locations around you that are popular and that people might be using to look up events and interesting places, products and services.
- Hold contests, giveaways and always think of various activities that you can have in your profile for your audience. People love free stuff and gifts, and if you are trying to sell your products and services via Instagram, this is the best thing that you can think of to increase your readers loyalty. However, don’t make those too often, to not make it seem like a common thing on your page. Giveaways and contests should be bound to special dates (for you or for your page – e.g. reaching a certain number of subs) and you can even motivate your users to help you make that special date come faster (if it is bound to a point of reaching a certain number of subs).
Now let’s talk about the paid ways of promoting your profile on IG:
- Let’s start with the chance to buy Instagram followers – this one deserves the first place for its low cost and high efficiency. Whatever people say, it is quite beneficial if done right and can definitely change the game for your page once and for all. All you need to keep in mind is that you should be purchasing exclusively real subscribers for your profile, as the fake ones can harm it and lead into the shadow ban. Instagram perceives each page as the ratio of active and inactive subscribers following it, and if the ratio is broken, a page starts to be perceived as a fake one as well. So, if you decide to take on such a service, you need to check twice whether you buy real Instagram followers or fake ones. Needless to say that fakes are a total waste of time and money and also a threat to your profile’s safety, therefore you should be attentive with what you are buying and talk to the manager beforehand if you have any questions about the mechanics of the promotional website’s work.
- The last thing that we want to talk about is a targeted ad from Instagram itself – it is more pricey than the first option and it takes more preparations than the first option as well. You need to create a selling post or story to advertise it using Insta’s algorithms that know exactly who is going to be interested in such content and who is not. But – it is going to cost more, than a chance to purchase subscribers, and is going to take more of your time and effort. It is more logical to use this service after you purchase subs and create an initial base that you will be able to later rely on. People who will come to you from target will clearly see that you already have some fans and won’t question the possibility of subscribing to you as well.
The best results are happening when you’re combining several methods at once and use paid and free tools all at once. Don’t try to buy all the possible and impossible paid services and perceive them not as a key to success, but as a nice support that will take some responsibilities off you and will give you a chance to concentrate on more important things.